Random Post

May 27, 2017

Warcraft Resources for D&D 5e

Man, this is one of those projects I just look at and think "Did I really do all of this?" I've definitely got lost in this document. Ever since I discovered Critical Role at the beginning of the year and subsequently bought the core rulebooks for Dungeons & Dragons 5e, assembled materials to be a Dungeon Master, and played some of my first games, I've tried to adapt the Warcraft universe to a playable setting. I began by creating my own custom races, and after balancing them with some help from people online, I decided to add deities to help DMs interested in playing a Warcraft setting design clerics. I also realized that I'd better add an items/weapons section to add in the appropriate information for the exotic weapons used by the custom races, and before I knew it, I now had a 16-page document detailing everything from new mechanics to changed spell names to lore considerations in the Warcraft universe.

Anyway, long story short, here it is if you'd like to check it out or use it for your 5e game! I know there are more professionally done ones out there, but it's worth looking at anyway. It might just be perfect for your style of play if you're wanting to make a Warcraft-focused campaign. Special thanks to Chris Metzen/Blizzard Entertainment for the art, and the original Warcraft Roleplaying Game for 3.5th edition D&D.

The link to the file is at the end of this article, but here's just a quick preview of some of the changes:

  • 13 New Races: Wildhammer Dwarves, Pandaren, Goblins, Trolls, Tauren, and more!
  • New Weapons and Explosive Items: Including moonglaives and tauren totems.
  • 30+ Deities for Warcraft Clerics!
  • Lore Change Options: New planes of existence skins, suggestions for Warcraft spell names, languages, paladin orders, and class tweaks.
  • Bonus: A variant rule for spellcasting components that simplifies gathering for components that cost gold!
  • and More!



1 comment:

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!