Random Post

Oct 22, 2015

Argaenothruzil Map

My cousin and I are finally at the end of our long road of writing, editing, fixing, and compiling Alfred Shortstaff and the Cavern of Time, and it will soon be published and available for purchase online! For this project, I had to remake the map of Argaenothruzil I originally used in the forum. I decided to take a professional approach, complete with penciling, inking, and labeling on Photoshop. The only thing I regret not doing is putting a border around it; I also forgot that my book would not be a 9" x 11" dimension, for which I feel stupid... so I can only hope that the printed version will do the image justice and not warp it or cut any parts off.

Anyway, here's the final product, with color and texture added (the one in the book will just be black and white):



The main changes I made this time around were moving the giant lake, adding some new names (Vingomir, for instance), and completely moving Malgwyr (it used to be higher up than Orovion, but that just didn't make sense economically with the cities). I also didn't show Nerolanth, since this happened before its discovery. I had a lot of fun adding details. Tolkien's maps were a big inspiration, as were a few other maps online. I think it's one of my better works. There are a few things I don't like, such as some of the cliffs and the Broken Lands cracks, but for the most part I think it did Argaenothruzil justice.

I can't wait to share the book with you! I will let you know as soon as it's available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!